Friday, February 4, 2011

Black Olive Bread

About 5 months ago I bought a West Bend High Rise bread machine. It just broke. Thankfully the warranty was still valid and we are going to get a replacement in a month, but now I don't know that I would recommend it to anybody. Up until the breaking though it was a great bread machine and I made many wonderful loaves with it. I took most of my recipes from the book The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook by Beth Hensperger which has hundreds of bread recipes, some great and some decent but I yet have to find one I truly don't like.
The one I am going to post here is absolutely my favorite, the only warning that I want to give you though is that this bread is so good you are just going to eat too much of it too quickly! 

INGREDIENTS FOR A 2 POUND LOAF
A
1 1/3 cup of milk
1/3 cup of olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon of honey
3 1/4 cup of bread flour
3/4 cup of rye flour
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons of gluten
3/4 teaspoons of salt
1 tablespoon of bread machine yeast
1 1/4 cup of pitted black olive pieces

PREPARATION

Place all the ingredients in the pan except the olives. 
Set the machine for the French cycle and the crust on medium.
When the machine beeps add the olives.
When the machine is done take the loaf immediately out of the pan and let it cool before eating ( if you can wait that long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment